[mythtv-users] Ripping DVD's

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Wed Mar 14 09:08:46 UTC 2007

I started ripping my collection of DVD's to hard drive today but space
is being eaten at a phenomenal rate.

Can anyone tell me what the difference would be in both size/quality
would be with ripping a DVD with Perfect, Medium or Good?

For example I have been ripping at Perfect and "Lord of the Rings - The
Two Towers", for instance, is 7.0Gb. As you can see, my ripping is
filling up my 80Gb drive quite quickly. I know I am going to need more
eventually but I didn't think so few DVD's would take up so much space...

Cheers
Bruce