[mythtv-users] mythtv is an hour off

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Mar 14 02:21:31 UTC 2007

Reza wrote:
> I think im having a DST issue with mythtv. I updated my timezone data and my linux box is reporting the correct time and is using the correct DST settings. The problem is that mythtv is off by an hour, its using pre DST time. I have tried everything, rebooting, mythfilldatabase --refresh-all, etc. Its not taking the new DST time.
>
> Im running mythtv 0.20.20060828-3 (yum rpm install) on FC4.

I'm running SVN Myth on Fedora 6 and the DST change was invisible. One
reason may well be that I have the mythbox set so that the box itself is
set to UTC. Fedora then sets the local time from the TZ data. Myth gets
its time from Fedora and everything worked. I even noticed that the hour
from 2:00 until 3:00 am Sunday morning was shown as 'Unknown' in the EPG..

I suspect that in your case the time held by the BIOS is still on
Standard Time. Reboot and check the time shown in the BIOS...

So the answer may be to switch to UTC as the 'native' time setting for
the box, and let Fedora deal with the time zone adjustment. Myth might
then be right.

(Hmmm...what happens in the fall with the extra hour??? Does the EPF
repeat repeat the hour?

Geoff