[mythtv-users] 20-Watt Via EPIA ME6000 Frontend

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Mar 14 02:13:39 UTC 2007

This one time, at band camp, Bob wrote:

> Also since posting I read
> http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=HardwareCaveats
> which seems to suggest that at the moment H.264 1080p at 60 is not possible
> with any of the chipsets though it's on the way with
> Unichrome Pro group A (CN400, PM800, PN800, PM880) based products.

Yeah I thought it wouldn't work either.  The ME6000 is only a 600MHz
CPU, but it works fine.  I was fully expecting to have to convert any
Xvid, DivX etc to MPEG2 but, pleasantly, I don't have to.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "It's the good girls who keep the diaries, the bad
  girls never have the time."
- Tallulah Bankhead