[mythtv-users] Do time servers have the correct time today?

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Wed Mar 14 01:56:44 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 13 March 2007 09:25 am, Marco Nelissen wrote:

> >> That did the trick as far as linux is concerned, however now mythtv
> >> itself is off by one hour. It didn't start recording '24' on time
> >> today, and when I started the recording manually, mythtv thought it
> >> was recording the 10 o' clock news (which is on after 24). All upcoming
> >> recordings are off by one hour as well (e.g. it thinks it needs to
> >> record 'Lost' at 9pm, rather than at 10pm when it's actually on).
> >> Running 'mythfilldatabase', as suggested in another thread, did not
> >> solve the problem.
> >
> >try stopping and restarting mythbackend
> >/etc/init.d/mythbackend restart
>
> I should've mentioned: after updating /etc/localtime, I rebooted the
> machine.

Since my Mandriva patched machine missed the /etc/localtime file update,
I found mythfildatabase --refresh-today and related commands will at
least correct todays shows.  Any new dates are correct, and slowly
the remaining days will get readjusted.  Unfortunately there is no
refresh-all option on mythfilldatabase.

Brian