[mythtv-users] ivtv doesn't seem to register with KWorld Terminator

Angus sylvania at istop.com
Wed Mar 14 02:20:09 UTC 2007

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 13/03/07, Angus <sylvania at istop.com> wrote:
>> Nick Morrott wrote:
>>> Using the wrong driver will not make hardware magically work :)
>>     That's very true, but if you'll look at my post again, you'll see
>> that it has nothing to do with not making the hardware work, but making
>> it work.
> Sorry, perhaps I misunderstood. Why are you loading ivtv and checking
> its syslog output? Do you have another card that is supported by ivtv
> that is not being detected? Your Terminator card is *not* supported by
> ivtv.

    Well in that case, I guess it doesn't matter. The instructions I was
following gave no such indication.

> You also seem to be running a 586 kernel - what CPU are you running?

    800MHz Celeron Coppermine

> There are more instructions on getting 7134-based capture cards
> working here: http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Generic_SAA7134_Card_Installation.
> Note you may need to tweak the tuner option for the saa7134 module and
> enable the i2c scan per the link.
    Ok, I followed the directions on that page, and I seem to be getting
the same sort of dmesg thing:
saa7133[0]: found at 0000:01:07.0, rev: 209, irq: 10, latency: 32, mmio:
saa7133[0]: subsystem: 1131:0000, board: UNKNOWN/GENERIC
saa7133[0]: board init: gpio is 40
saa7133[0]: Huh, no eeprom present (err=-5)?
saa7133[0]: i2c scan: found device @ 0x96  [???]
saa7133[0]: registered device video0 [v4l2]
saa7133[0]: registered device vbi0

    This is a little different from what they had. It doesn't look very
promising. Do I need to give any attention there? I'm not particularly
interested in the capture features at this moment (not that I mind
spending a few minutes on it). I'm more interested in playing movies at
this point.