[mythtv-users] Question about problem with mythv setup...

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 00:10:58 UTC 2007

Hi

On 3/14/07, Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> wrote:
> SVN [13039] removes the DefaultEndOffset minutes and I've
> verified that this fixes the immediate bug. The other
> possibility would be to add the extra time for the live
> recording in progress. However, that may be problematic and

I find this a rather drastic measure to avoid a problem: removing the
feature alltogether.

I have lodged a bug already [3203].

Having an end-late feature is extremely useful. I don't know about
where you live, but here every single TV show ends late (and doesn't
start on time either). That means that if I only press R while
recording live TV, I am 100% sure the recording will stop before the
show is finished.

What I can do is press R, then leave livetv, go into the recording
schedule page, modify the current recording end time by adding 10
minutes. Talk about user friendliness !

Why would the mythtv team simply remove the DefaultEndOffset ?

JY