[mythtv-users] [UK] Missing xmltvids

David Campbell dave at cpfc.org
Tue Mar 13 12:12:24 UTC 2007

Robin Neatherway wrote:
>> I deleted my video sources and set up again using the Transmitted Guide
>> only then imported channels.conf but now I not only get no lising but no
>> TV.  the error says 'MythTV is alreading using all inputs.'
>>
>> stdout says 'trying to change channels from none to none'
>
> You can't use channels.conf with EIT data. There is not enough
> information present in that file, you need to do a Myth scan (which
> works well for UK DVB-T these days).

Which brings the thread full circle.

I had pretty random results when doing a full scan and inputting the
details of Crystal Palace transmitter - using a channels.conf import
gave me all the channels but EPG data was missing.

I also ended up with at least two sets of channels (when checked with
mythweb) - at least half of which without xmlids.  Deleting the ones
without xmlids resulted in no TV at all.  Manually entering the xmlids
into the channels without ids and deleting those with ids mostly worked
but life is too short to spend a load of hours doing that.

If I can't set up DVB systematically and in a repeatable fashion then
I'm going to have just do without that fucntionality in Myth.

Cheers

Dave

Visit Guardian Unlimited - the UK's most popular newspaper website
http://guardian.co.uk http://observer.co.uk
The Newspaper Marketing Agency
Opening Up Newspapers
http://www.nmauk.co.uk

This e-mail and all attachments are confidential and may also
be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify
the sender and delete the e-mail and all attachments immediately.
Do not disclose the contents to another person. You may not use
the information for any purpose, or store, or copy, it in any way.

Guardian News & Media Limited is not liable for any computer
viruses or other material transmitted with or as part of this
e-mail. You should employ virus checking software.

Guardian News & Media Limited
A member of Guardian Media Group PLC
Registered Office
Number 1 Scott Place, Manchester M3 3GG