[mythtv-users] Mythweb DST buglet

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Mar 13 03:56:51 UTC 2007

    > Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 23:38:38 -0400
    > From: "Sean Healy" <schealy at gmail.com>

    > I noticed and was able to replicate this too.  It appears the error is with
    > MySQL keeping time based on the /etc/localtime settings when MySQL starts.

    > So if you updated your tzdata but haven't rebooted or restarted MySQL since
    > doing the update, you should probably go ahead and do that.

I'll bet the crucial thing is "since DST began", rather than "since
the update".  E.g., I rebooted the machine after fixing its TZ data,
but the backend (and MySQL) have themselves been running since March
10, which is before DST took effect.

I'll see if this still happens after the next time I boot the backend
(and, with it, MySQL).

(I wonder if this happened -every- year and nobody happened to notice?
It'd be easy enough to lie to the machine about what time it is and
see, but I'm not going to do that with one that's in production.)

[Either that, or PHP has some cached idea of me being in a "US"
timezone and not an "America" timezone, and that didn't get reset,
and won't.  It'd be interesting to know whether people running modern
releases (e.g., ones that knew months ago about the changes to DST)
see anything like this.  Since this is cosmetic, I'll live w/it until
the day the machine is updated to a modern myth & to Dapper or something.]