[mythtv-users] DVD Rip and Recent DVDs

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Mar 12 21:54:53 UTC 2007

> I recently had this problem and figured out that dvd decrypter in
> windows could make an iso (you may have to enable ignore read errors).
> Then if you wanted you could transfer the iso to your mythbox or to a
> new dvd without the intentional errors.

I found the same thing - question is, what is Windows doing that libdvdcss
and libdvdread aren't...

In fact I've found that I can't even play some DVDs never mind copy them -
I had to go though hoops with DVDShrink, burn to DVD and then rip to get
them (I found that using mencoder on the iso image directly caused the red
& blue to get swapped on the video - but thats another issue!!)

--
Robin Gilks