[mythtv-users] How to switch between Cable, Component or S-video inputs

Charles Swenson charles.swenson at usu.edu
Mon Mar 12 04:29:01 UTC 2007

I would like to be able to use MythTV to record from my VCR from one of
the tuners on my PVR 500. This would require MythTV to switch one of the
input from the F-connector for Cable to either the S-video input or the
Component input.  I do not see how to do this. I thought the "C" key
which does a change inputs on the TV tuner card would do this but it
does not seem to do anything. I even got MythWeb up and running and
checked the key bindings just to see if "C" was undefined, which it wasn't.

 I know this can be done on my system because from a shell I can record
and watch videos using commands like:
 v4l2-ctl -i 2
 cat /dev/video0 > foo.mpg
 mplayer foo.mpg

I am new to MythTV but successfully have 0.20 and most of its modules
running on FC6. The family is enjoying it and it is hard to have it off
line at this point to record from my VCR. Any thoughts as what to do?
-Charles-