[mythtv-users] Air2PC over cable outlet?

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Mon Mar 12 05:20:23 UTC 2007

On Monday 12 March 2007 12:12 am, Justin Moore wrote:
> [ Note to moderators: I sent this message prior to subscribing and got
> the "you're not on the list" bounce.  I've subscribed, so no need to
> re-send this message. :) ]
>
> It seems that despite antennaweb's promise of tens of HD channels, my
> Air2PC card cannot get good reception at my address (in the 94086 zip
> code).  I've tried all sorts of indoor antenna -- omni-directional,
> directional, amplified, standard -- with no luck.  I've finally resigned
> myself to getting the HD OTA channels from my cable provider's lineup:
> all -- WHEE! -- 4 of them.  However, I can't figure out how to get myth
> to find those channels.  I have a friend who has insisted he's using an
> Air2PC in this manner, but he is currently away from e-mail.
>
> Can anyone help me out?  How do I get my first-gen Air2PC card to pull
> HD signals off my cable?
>
> Thanks.
> -jdm

Getting a good OTA HD reception is not automatic, many times it
takes more playing with the antenna than I bet you've done, especially
inside antennas; too subjective to house siding, trees, etc.  Try a good
external antenna, maybe in the attic or garage.  Remember, most
HD uses the same frequencies as UHF stations, so if you don't get
an almost perfect UHF reception, HD may be problematic.

For me, it took 3 different antennas before I found one I liked and
worked reliably, and I'm only 15 miles from the transmitters.

Brian