[mythtv-users] Mythweb DST buglet

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Mon Mar 12 03:39:12 UTC 2007

In case this saves someone else some headscratching---or engenders some:

I'm running 0.18.1 in a Breezy that hasn't been updated from the repos
in at least a year (e.g., I deliberately held back on ever updating it
so I didn't have to be constantly recompiling ivtv, lirc, etc every
time it took a kernel update).  The machine is correctly running on
the new DST (accomplished by downloading the new data files and doing
"zic northamerica" and then changing /etc/localtime and timezone from
Ubuntu's "US"-based stuff to the "America"-based stuff).

Recordings are being made at the right time.

However---I just discovered that scheduling a manual recording via
Mythweb does something odd---if I schedule a recording for 23:10, when
I click "Create schedule", the form that gets immediately echoed back
to me has magically changed the start time to 00:10.  The subtitle
that's automatically generated still says 23:10, though, and the FE
also claims the recording will happen at 23:10, and in fact it -does-
happen at 23:10.  The files are named correctly, too.  This is
absolutely repeatable and never used to happen.

I saw chatter here that PHP may have its own DST routines that might
need updating, but I don't know where those might be.  (And, frankly,
if this is the -only- symptom, I might leave it alone, since the
machine will be updated to Dapper and a newer Myth within the year.)

The rest of Mythweb seems to be operating correctly, e.g., the status
& schedules pages, etc.

So I dunno if this is fixed in a more-recent mythweb and/or a
more-recent PHP, but it might be something to watch out for.

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list