[mythtv-users] Games

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 16:43:48 UTC 2007

On 3/10/07, Bruce Nordstrand <brucen at ksl.com.au> wrote:
> How does on go about setting up local Linux based games to play via
> Myth? My daughter would dearly like to play a few, thereby keeping her
> off my desktop computer! Any help appreciated....

Well, since I haven't done a new mythtv install from scratch in a very
long time... I can say that *I* still use the gamelist.xml file method
that was for the old mythgame and it seems to continue to work.

the gamelist.xml file is still in the svn code, so I presume it's
still a supported way of adding linux programs to mythgame, and I
presume the default path is $PREFIX/share/mythtv/games/PC/gamelist.xml

I use mythgame for launching the following native linux games/programs
fullscreen with reasonable success:

Google Earth
Celestia
Stellarium