[mythtv-users] Different Users

umut d. udemirhan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 10:04:28 UTC 2007

On 3/11/07, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/03/07, umut d. <udemirhan at gmail.com> wrote:

> > watched

> > > When you say "cannot be watched" do you mean that you can see all
> > > recordings on all clients' recorded programs listings and cannot play
> > > them, or that you cannot see all shows on all clients, even having
> > > chosen their respective recording groups?
> > >
> > > The former indicates a network/permissions issue, whilst the latter
> > > indicates you may be filtering out some shows in the Recorded Programs
> > > list.
> > >

> > Two clients show different recordings. There is no problem with
> networking I
> > guess. How should I set recording groups?
>
> Recording groups are set for recording schedules either when the
> schedules are created, or retrospectively. You can filter the Recorded
> Programs listings by bringing up the (M)enu, then choosing another
> filter (or Default to list all recordings). Each frontend can also
> have a default filter set, and can remember the last used filter when
> you leave the Recorded Programs listing.
>
> I would check to see whether your frontends are filtering different
> recording groups.
>
> Nick
> --

Yes, you are right. I guess I had played with settings on my notebook and
now it has a different recording group. I am able to change recording group
from "Delete Recordings" screen and after that I'm able to see programs on
both frontends. In the same way, I changed reamining recorded shows directly
from mysql table and now problem is solved, thank you.

By the way, I enjoy using mythtv a lot. E.g. auto-upgrading database scheme
after compiling svn is keeping a lot of pain away.