[mythtv-users] MythArchive Guide - Burning TV Programs to DVD

Phil Tanguay gogades at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 04:30:17 UTC 2007

On 3/10/07, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:

> I'd also like to see something along these lines. My thought would be
> to add something to the playlist menu like "Burn to DVD" which would
> launch mytharchive with the playlist programs and a bunch of
> preselects for theme, sound, requants and whatever. Probably the
> preselects would be managed in mytharchive itself but I haven't
> looked through how it's implemented to see if that's easy or
> appropriate.
>
> Paul, if you're listening, are you favourable to such an idea? I have
> some free time coming up so I could do the implementation.
>
> This would work great for my sisters who are always out of town when
> they have the free time to watch the stuff they've recorded. They
> don't care about all this fine-grained control of how the disc is
> prepared. They just want to drop two hours of mysteries onto a DVD
> which they can take away and watch later.

George, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm thinking - the fine grain
control is wonderful, but as these kinds of things often go, it's a bit of
overkill for most situations.  Insert a blank, select "Burn to DVD", and off
you go would be wonderful.

I would definitely interested in cooperating on this, assuming there's
interest and agreement in principle from the maintainers, and while I don't
have a lot of experience with the Myth codebase, I am a very experienced
software developer.   I'll start digging around the code and see what's
what.