[mythtv-users] Is "killall mythfrontend" safe?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 01:20:23 UTC 2007

On 11/03/07, Jon Boehm <boehm100 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I still have not heard anyone say that "killall mythfrontend" is a bad idea.
>  I'm ok with having to quite one mythfronted  and launch another on a
> different display.  I just need to know the safest way to script the
> mythfrontend quit.

'killall mythfrontend' is what a majority of the 'Power Button'
scripts I've seen use to restart the frontend process after a crash.
You *may* also want to 'killall mythlcdserver' - this process is
started when mythfrontend runs, but does not terminate either when
gracefully exiting the frontend or forcing a kill.

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: