[mythtv-users] Where are those new 1TB drives?

Melvin J. Cureton melvincureton at MELCRYS.COM
Sun Mar 11 00:03:57 UTC 2007

I have a Si3124 4-port card w/ a 320, 250, and 2x160 in a RAID 1. I
greatly recommend anyone that's planning on getting a card to get this
one as it supports multiplexing. You can multiplex 5 drives/channel
giving you a total of 20 drives on a $50 card. I think you can even span
across multiple cards in the same system. I plan you use an old cd tower
and some icy docks (I think someone mentioned that earlier) and pop a
few of those 1TB Hitachi drives in there. Also you can get away with a
small case and use one SATA port and use a multiplexer and have a 5
drive external case instead of huge tower case.

Card: http://www.siliconimage.com/products/product.aspx?id=27

Multiplexer: http://www.siliconimage.com/products/product.aspx?id=26