[mythtv-users] Is "killall mythfrontend" safe?

Larry Sanderson larry.sanderson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 22:22:26 UTC 2007

On Friday 09 March 2007 17:07, Jon Boehm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a dual display setup (tv, projector).  I'm setting up a script to
> switch between them.  Is it safe to use "killall mythfrontend"? Or is there
> a better way that does not involve seeing the other screen?

The way I chose to go (probably not common) is to set up each display device
as a separate X screen.  (see:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Dual_Monitors#Non-TwinView)

The plan is to have 2 instances of myth f/e running - one on each display -
and just turn on the one that I am using.  I have not actually tested this
yet, but it sounded promising to me :-)

Speaking of which, is there any reason why 2 instances of the frontend can't
run on one system?