[mythtv-users] MythBrowser problem

AB Benzaquin abbenzaquin at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Mar 9 14:46:26 UTC 2007

Hi people,

I'm having some very annoying problem with MythBrowser.

The system I'm using is the following:

------------------
X Window System Version 6.9.0
Release Date: 21 December 2005
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.9
Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.20.1-lfs i686 [ELF]
------------------

I've installed mythtv-0.20 and mythplugins-0.20a from source without problems.

First of all, when I select a URL in the selection screen and press ENTER to
load it, the X server stops, with the following messages:

------------------

   *** If unresolved symbols were reported above, they might not
   *** be the reason for the server aborting.

Backtrace:
0: X(xf86SigHandler+0x88) [0x8089558]
1: [0xffffe420]
2: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.so(XMesaMakeCurrent2+0x55)
[0xb7c7e095]
3: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.so(__MESA_makeCurrent+0x55)
[0xb7c7b735]
4: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so(DoMakeCurrent+0x3e5)
[0xb7d3edc5]
5: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so(__glXMakeCurrent+0x39)
[0xb7d3ef89]
6: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so [0xb7d4308e]
7: X(Dispatch+0x15e) [0x80c944e]
8: X(main+0x407) [0x80d6127]
9: /lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xd0) [0xb7e27e00]
10: X [0x806ffd1]

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
         at http://wiki.X.Org
 for help.
Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional
information.

kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
klauncher: Exiting on signal 15
mythbrowser: Fatal IO error: client killed
/usr/X11R6/bin/xinit:  connection to X server lost.
kded: Fatal IO error: client killed

------------------

Oddly, this error does not happen when I enter to the General configuration
interface and then to the browser.
I solved temporarily by commenting out the following line in xorg.conf:

#        Load  "glx"

Now, to the second problem, which makes MythBrowser unusable. When I finally
get to the browser screen, which displays the web page, everything seems to
work fine.
I can press ESC to get back to the selection screen. Once there, where there
used to be an orange rectangle marking the selection behind the white letters
(G.A.N.T. theme) there is a white rectangle (the same color of the letters),
so the content of the selection isn't readable any more.
Furthermore, altough the mouse works, the keyboard doesn't and therefore I'm
not able to exit the selection screen back to the menu (for which the ESC key
is required). The only way to get back is to kill the X server.

I'll greatly appreciate any help in this matter.

Regards.

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!