[mythtv-users] Problem getting AverTVHD A180 going.

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Mar 8 02:33:24 UTC 2007

mike wrote:
> Thanks, Kevin, I attempted to scan channels using every possible combination
> of settings. It didn't find any, which is strange on it's own, unless I don't
> actually get the Hi-definition I pay for. That may be something for the
> landlord to confront. And as for me, new to all this, not knowing what
> it "should" do, makes it more difficult to recognize problems in the setting
> up of this stuff.

I would start by using the dvb utilities for scanning.  This will show
you if you have channels that Myth can pick up.  Also, did you do all
the firmware loading steps?  Check your /var/log/messages for a note
about the firmware loading.

Once you can successfully scan channels *outside* of Myth, then it
should be no problem inside.

Kevin