[mythtv-users] dilemma PVR-350-out/nvdia out

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 01:44:06 UTC 2007

It kind of depends on the way your outputting to your TV.  My dad's mythtv
box that i just set up uses HDMI and man it looks great.  I personally use
RGB (VGA) on mine, which looks great too.  On my bedroom one i use s-video
which is not great but not bad.  I mean i got rid of my pvr-350 awhile ago
because whenever i played a game or a mpeg4 file, it was just terrible.  I'd
rather live with s-video than the pvr-350's out personally.  To each their

On 3/7/07, Bart Coninckx <bart.coninckx at telenet.be> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently building two Mythboxes on two recent Asus Pundits. One has a
> card, the other an Nvidia card. Both also have PVR-350 cards.
> They will be used for virtually all MytTV functionalities: TV, DVD,
> MythGame
> etc.
> For the TV part I understand from reading other posts that for picture
> quality
> nothing seems to beat running X server on the PVR-350.
> For games and DVD though, it seems that running X on an Nvidia is the
> optimal
> situation CPU-wise, also because of XvMC.
> I already added a Nvidia card to the Pundit with the ATI card, but the
> main
> dilemma is know: using X on a PVR-350 and risking high CPU for xmame and
> playing or using X on the Nvideas and dealing with lower quality TV-out.
> Both
> things are important.
> Any advice?
> thx!