[mythtv-users] mythrename.pl kills myth2ipod?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 7 10:23:05 UTC 2007

On 03/07/2007 03:15 AM, Dmitry Shesterin aka dscheste wrote:
> Is there a way to get myth2ipod working after recordings were renamed
> using mythrename.pl?
>
> I stumbled upon this problem when I realized that myth2ipod does not
> convert anything. When I looked into the code I realized that it
> reverse-parses the filenames and, logically, if the names were changed
> by mythrename.pl, parsing fails, the subsequent SQL query fails and
> the script just exits.
>

> Does anybody have a workaround?
mythrename.pl --format '%c_%Y%m%d%H%i%s' --live

And from then on use mythrename.pl's "--link" option to create links to
your files with pretty names.  I have 5 different directories of links
in different formats giving me differently-sorted views.  It's /much/
more powerful than renaming the actual files, and when I want a copy of
the file on a laptop or whatever, I can scp the link and it copies the
file using the link name.  So, ugly filenames are only used by Myth and
I only use link names.  Really, it makes me wonder why anyone would want
to rename the files...

Mike