[mythtv-users] blue tooth / wireless keyborad

matthew.garman at gmail.com matthew.garman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 03:09:50 UTC 2007

Regarding wireless keyboards: I'll chime in with an
anti-recommendation.  I'm not sure of the model, but it's a Logitech
cordless mouse and keyboard.  Looking at the cordless Logitech
keyboard+mouse packages on newegg, I believe I have an earlier
generation/version of the MX3000.  I'm not sure what mechanism it
uses to communicate with the base station either (definately not
Bluetooth, though, those were extremely expensive ~2 years ago when
I bought this one).

Anyway, when it works, it's fine.  But it seems like I'm constantly
shifting where I sit so that the keyboard or the mouse can actually
transmit the signal to the base.  The base station is on the floor,
roughly 10 feet from where I sit on the couch.

This is actually the second living room in which I've used this
setup; the first was bigger, but the receiver-station was at roughly
knee-height.

Also, as a matter of preference over function, the keyboard is just
too big to use comfortably in the living room.  It's really meant to
be kept on a desk, I believe.

What I'd *really* like is a wireless keyboard that (1) used
bluetooth, 802.11, UHF or something that worked reliably 100% of the
time (i.e. no shifting or changing how I hold it, whatever); and (2)
was small and compact with a built-in mouse (like a laptop
keyboard).  Ideally, it'd have an "eraser-head" mouse like my
Thinkpad laptop.  I don't know if such a thing exists.

That's my rant for the night :)

Matt