[mythtv-users] Archive killed my MythTv box

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Mar 6 18:33:16 UTC 2007

Gordon O'Brien wrote:
> running df -h gives me:
>
> Filesystem                     Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> /dev/mapper/rootvg-rootlv01    5.7G  5.5G     0 100% /
> /dev/sda1                      145M   15M  123M  11% /boot
> tmpfs                          501M     0  501M   0% /dev/shm
> /dev/mapper/videovg-videolv01  219G   29G  180G  14% /video

Using /tmp as the temp work directory for MythArchive is a *bad* idea
especially when its on your root partition which is only 5.7G total!

Go into /tmp and delete the 'work', 'logs', and 'config' directories and
all the files in them. I'm assuming nothing else is using those
directories, I think it's unlikely that anything else has any files in
there.

You need to create a directory in /video to use as the work directory
for MythArchive and change the temp work directory setting on
MythArchive's settings page to point to that directory.

Paul H.