[mythtv-users] XBOX Frontend

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 18:28:53 UTC 2007

On 3/6/07, David Lynam <t00cool2001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry about my stupidy :)
> Ya Im using the XBMCmythtv srcipts. I did not use samba to trasfer across
> though? When i run the script it enters the frontend. It has Live Tv,
> Recorded Shows, Program Guide, Recording Schedules, Upcoming Shows, Settings
> and  Refresh. I can see what the encoder is currently doing, I can see what
> is currently on each channel. I can see future recording and previous
> recordings. I can see (still) images from these recordings. In the
> settings I have setup the IP address for the backend so it seems to connect
> fine. I cannot actually watch the videos though nor can I watch live TV on
> the XBOX though. In the XBMC files I do have a SMB Network share but it does
> not connect to my backend?
> Im not sure exactly where i should be goin from here??

An SMB network share is a share hosted on another server, using a program
called Samba. You need to install and configure Samba on your Myth server to
share out the video directory, and then configure XBMCmythtv to connect to
that share. Setting up Samba shares is a bit beyond the scope of this
mailing list, but there is a wealth of information that can be found via a
Google search on how to set up Samba. Hope this helps.