[mythtv-users] Problem with PVR-150 capture

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Mar 6 18:07:21 UTC 2007

On Mar 6, 2007, at 11:01 AM, Robert Broughton wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 06:27 -0800, mike wrote:
>> On Tuesday 06 March 2007 02:13, Robert Broughton wrote:
>>> The only problem I've got right now is, some programs, such as "The
>>> Daily Show" and "Desperate Housewives", record and play near-
>>> perfectly.
>>> Others, such as "Saturday Night Live", are barely watchable.
>>> I'm pretty sure this problem has to do with capturing, because I
>>> see the
>>> same thing of I copy the MPG file to another computer and play it. I
>>> don't think processing speed is an issue, because I've got a
>>> Celeron 1.8
>>> GHz processor.
>> Hey Bob, I just installed a PVR-150 last night, and it was doing
>> like that
>> until I went into:
>> setup. tv settings, recording profiles, MPEG2 encoders-
>> and changed the 'image size" to 720x480 in default, live tv, etc.
>> Now it works
>> perfectly.
> This seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you very much!

First, obviously, glad to hear that's it's working.

But resolution (image size) alone shouldn't have done that. I'll bet
there was some other crap in the PVR's setup that got re-written when
you changed the res parameters. I'm not a coder but perhaps it re-
writes all the parameters to the card (or the driver) when something