[mythtv-users] Can I restrict live-TV to certain tuners?

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Tue Mar 6 00:57:36 UTC 2007

On Monday 05 March 2007 19:44, ryan patterson wrote:
> Actually I set the cable box tuner to the lowest priority because given
> the choice I would prefer a show be recorded on a HD tuner.  I'll try
> setting one of the HD tuners to a lower priority.  HD tuners 3 & 4 never
> have anything scheduled.  So I assumed MythTV would choose one of them for
> Live-TV.  I guess not.

IIRC, there's an option somewhere in the GUI to give HD recordings a priority
boost. You could give your SD tuner a higher priority (say, by +1) but
compensate by giving HD recordings a higher priority (by +1 or perhaps even
+2). I don't recall exactly where I saw these options, but I'm pretty sure
they were accessible from the frontend configuration screen (that is, they
aren't part of mythtv-setup, where input priorities are set). I've not
experimented with this method of doing this, but it sounds like they may be
the way for you to go.

Rod Smith