[mythtv-users] Tidying up the Channels listing

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Mon Mar 5 22:48:13 UTC 2007

Hi,

I ran "scans" on my [DVB & PVR350] tuner cards and then I also set the
videosources to Radiotimes XML grabber.

I've now got tons and tons of channels - some DVB ones are just numbers
and there are lots of Radiotimes listing channels also.

Can anyone tell me how I link up Videosource derived channels to the
real numbered channels and then how I firstly wipe the 90% junk channels
and then re-organise the channels into a nice neat order?

I did this before with MythTV 0.17 but I seem to remember a horrible
hack to do a channel SQL table update just after a mythfilldatabase run
in the middle of the night - and I can't remember how I initially got
the channels linked to the Voicesource channels either.

thanks for any help

Derek