[mythtv-users] compiling errors please help

optonline sn00p99 at optonline.net
Mon Mar 5 22:44:39 UTC 2007

> On 05/03/07, optonline <sn00p99 at optonline.net> wrote:
>> trying to install mythtv 0.20 on a fresh ubuntu install.
>> during compile it gives me an error:
>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt-mt
>> am i missing a package that i need to install to get this to compile?
> I got my qt-mt from qt-devel, so much sure you have that (or
> equivalent) package installed. Also ensure your $QTDIR variable is set
> correctly to the QT3 base directory (mine is /usr/lib/qt-3.3/), not
> the qt-mt library subdirectory.
> Nick
> --
well first of all, if i do apt-get install qt-devel, ubuntu cant find the
so i went and did a locate for qt-mt and got this:
eppo at MythTV:~/mythtv/mythtv$ locate qt-mt
so is that what it cant find? i tried setting $QTDIR to both /usr/lib/ and
but neither worked.
thank you, and i apreciate your help.