[mythtv-users] USB IR Receiver - tivo remote compatibility

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 19:13:26 UTC 2007

Mark Chang wrote:
> Anyone here use the MCE remote receiver, or the StreamZap remote
> receiver with a Tivo remote?

I have a StreamZap USB IR receiver that I use with MythTV.  But, like
you, I found that I did not like the StreamZap remote.  I replaced it
with a OneForAll remote that does the trick for me.

I did some quick googling on the IR frequency of the Tivo remote - and
I could not find anything regarding a special frequency.  Why not try
irrecord and see whether it let's you map the Tivo remote.  If so,
it's a simple matter (although a little laborious) to map all the
keys.

Good luck.

Tom