[mythtv-users] SOLVED: Re: Jumping straight to EPG

Michael Klatsky michael at mapu.com
Mon Mar 5 18:28:14 UTC 2007

Thanks to all who offered suggestions. My confusion stemmed from this page:

The suggestions offered included:

* Setup->Edit Keys->TV Playback->GUIDE  (Brett)

* Create a JumpPoint to the Program Guide...via Settings:MythTV:Key
Bindings   or adjusting/verifyin settings in /usr/share/mythtv/keys.txt
(Nick, Robert)

What I ended up doing was to set the following in my ~/.mythtv/lircrc (I
use the Hauupage remote included with the WinTV-PVR-150):

begin
prog = mythtv
button = Guide
repeat = 3
config = S
end

Thanks to all and I'm sure I'll have more questions as I work on this.

Michael