[mythtv-users] "Cross Source EIT"

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:59:17 UTC 2007

On 04/03/07, Janne Grunau <janne-mythtvusers at grunau.be> wrote:
> On Sunday 04 March 2007 18:56:24 Tim Small wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to find out some info about the "cross source EIT"
> > option...
> >
> > I have:
> >
> > 1. A DVB-T terrestrial tuner (UK "Freeview"), ...
> >
> > 2. A DVB-S satellite tuner with a fixed dish and single LNB (pointing
> > at Astra2 28.2/Eutelsat 28.5 East), ...
> >
> > Since about 80% of the channels that I'm interested in are common to
> > both sources, I'd like to use the detailed DVB-T EPG data for the
> > DVB-S source, but I don't know how to go about doing this (if it's
> > possible at all)?
>
> No, it won't work. The "ignore source" option ignores just the video
> source when determing the channel the EIT belongs to. It's only useful
> for DVB-S DiseqC setups.
> Both channel's original network IDs, transport IDs and service IDs have
> still to match which is highly unlikely in your case. Even if they did
> you'll only get data for one channel.

Janne,

Do you know of any work underway that will allow the easy usage of EIT
data on non-EIT sources. Your above answer answers my own findings in
that it does not work in its current state, but it would be so useful
to be able to easily use EIT data for channels available on other
sources that can not get listings data from elsewhere easily (such as
DVB radio listings in my case).

If there is no current work underway, how big a job would it be to add
this functionality to the EIT scanner? Any pointers/general guidance
would be warmly received.

Thanks,
Nick
--