[mythtv-users] External Channel Change with Cable Box

Jean-Marc Melchior luxballer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 23:17:18 UTC 2007

Hello,
I am trying to get my Mythtv Box to control my cable box, I
researched a bit and found the preset channel problem, but couldn't
find a solution.
My Blaster Script works perfect through command line and also when I
set it in Myth-setup, however it doesn't work when I put 3 as the
preset channel.

So all I want is that Myth keeps /dev/video0 tuned to channel 3 while
just changing the channel through the external script.
When I put 3 as the preset number it makes my frontend return to the
Menu with the error Mythsocket: Error Socket went unconnected.

I would really appreciate any help.
JMM