[mythtv-users] nVidia OverScan with VGA cable

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sun Mar 4 17:26:22 UTC 2007

On 4 Mar 2007, at 03:27, Phill Edwards wrote:

> I have a nVidia FX5200 card connected to a plasma TV via a VGA cable.
> I have noticed that the overscan setting in xorg.conf doesn't have any
> affect ...

I don't know about overscan settings in the nVidia drivers, but it'll
also depend on the TV.

Some TVs will always do overscan, and it can't be disabled. I'm told
that the ability to do 1:1 mapping without overscan is common on
current 1920 x 1080 LCDs, less common on 720 LCDs. I don't know about
plasmas (but wouldn't be so optimistic, myself, about a model a year
or two old).

You need to post the make & model of your plasma TV and (since it's
quite possible that no-one here has the same model) also do some
homework on that yourself; googling "$make $model overscan" is a good
start.

Stroller.