[mythtv-users] Play video from MythWeb

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Sun Mar 4 17:03:27 UTC 2007

On 3/3/2007 11:26 PM D said the following:

>well, I just set it up...
>
>From my desktop linux box, I am able to play recordings using the link
>on mythweb via VLC. Theres no real point, since I can just use
>mythfrontend, but I'd assume you could do the same from a windows box
>on the LAN since there is no mythfrontend from windows.
>
>Now, if you are wanting to stream outside your LAN, that's where I'm
>almost 100% positive you need to be setting up some separate
>transcoding/streaming.  The bandwidth wouldn't be there.

There has been something called MythstreamTV in the past although I
don't know it's current status.  Basically it modified the mythweb pages
and added a "play" button.  Clicking that button started a VLC process
on the backend to convert and then stream.  Seems there was a way to set
what type of conversion and bandwidth one wanted.  You might Google for
that see what exists.

HTH,

Drew

--