[mythtv-users] Fedora Core 6, PVR-150, and ivtv lockup

Claude Gélinas agr. claude at phyto.qc.ca
Sun Mar 4 03:36:47 UTC 2007

I just updated to the same kernel kernel-2.6.19-1.2911.6.4.fc6.X68_64
and I've lost my TV out on pvr350

It look like a compatibility problem between ivtv_fb and v4l-kmdl

ivtv-fb don't load and give the following error

ivtv_fb: disagrees about version of symbol ivtv_vapi_result
ivtv_fb: Unknown symbol ivtv_vapi_result
ivtv_fb: disagrees about version of symbol ivtv_udma_alloc
ivtv_fb: Unknown symbol ivtv_udma_alloc
ivtv_fb: disagrees about version of symbol ivtv_udma_unmap
ivtv_fb: Unknown symbol ivtv_udma_unmap
ivtv_fb: disagrees about version of symbol ivtv_vapi
ivtv_fb: Unknown symbol ivtv_vapi
ivtv_fb: disagrees about version of symbol ivtv_udma_prepare
ivtv_fb: Unknown symbol ivtv_udma_prepare
ivtv_fb: disagrees about version of symbol ivtv_cards
ivtv_fb: Unknown symbol ivtv_cards
ivtv_fb: disagrees about version of symbol ivtv_udma_setup
ivtv_fb: Unknown symbol ivtv_udma_setup

Le samedi 03 mars 2007 à 20:14 -0500, Dan Buijs a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm having the following problem:
>
> I've followed the HOWTO on Wilsonet
> (http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php) and when I modprobe ivtv, my
> machine locks up. No messages in dmesg or /var/log/messages. A reboot
> gets me to udev startup and then the machine locks up again. The only
> way I can  get the thing to boot again is boot off a live cd and add
> "blacklist ivtv" to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.
>
> Here are the relevant details:
>
> kernel-2.6.19-1.2911.6.4.fc6.i686
> ivtv-0.10.1-126.fc6.at
> ivtv-firmware-20070217-13.at
> ivtv-kmdl-2.6.19-1.2911.6.4.fc6-0.10.1-126.fc6.at
> nvidia driver 1.0-9746
> X 7.1.1
>
> AMD Athlon64 3500
> Hauppage PVR-150
> ASUS M2NPV-VM integrated Nvidia video
> ASUS M2NPV-VM integrated sound
>
> Here's the interesting thing: I had this working (or at least not
> locking up) two weeks ago. I wiped and restarted with a fresh install
> because I was having problems with lirc. So it's a recent change in
> one of these packages, most likely either the kernel or ivtv. Anyone
> have any thoughts?
>
> DB

-----
Claude Gélinas agr., dta