[mythtv-users] MythIPTV Beta 2

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 01:52:00 UTC 2007

> > I run:
> > $ mplayer -frames 0 -identify
> > http://media3.abc.net.au/winlibrary/news/200702/20070226-opener-am2_16_9_bband.wmv?MSWMExt=.asf
> > or (note no "?" after the .wmv extension)
> > $ mplayer -frames 0 -identify
> > http://media3.abc.net.au/winlibrary/news/200702/20070226-opener-am2_16_9_bband.wmv
> I poked around these URLs, and none of them point to a video file. Do
> you have a URL for the actual WMV file?

I don't really understand this because these are the URLs that I pass
to MythStream and it plays them just fine. The URL I gave is a URL to
an actual WMV file, but it looks like it's a text file that contain
links to other media:

I have no idea how that all works - I always thought WMV files were
actually binary video files so I'm out of my depth here and I don't
know how the player extracts the URL to actual video from this.
However, as I say, MythStream plays the video from this WMV file and
it uses mplayer.

Perhaps if we could get mythnettv to work with real media files we
could make some progress as I have some links to the same content but
in real media format. At the moment this won't work, though, because
urllib.py doesn't like RTSP files.