[mythtv-users] Cable box power & "off" (black screen) detection?

Mark J. Scheller mark.j.scheller at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 12:25:27 UTC 2007

Here it is a nice calm Saturday morning and I sit down to watch some
recordings made over the past busy week.... only to find to my horror that
somehow my cable box had somehow switched off a few days ago and I got a
whole bunch of recorded black screen!  Not good.  I even missed last week's
Lost -- so we're talking a pretty serious issue here.

So, is there any possible way to detect that black screen is all that's
coming through take appropriate action???

I'm recording to a PVR350 via its S-Video in, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!!!

[MjS]