[mythtv-users] mkiconmap.pl didnt work

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 3 08:45:25 UTC 2007

On 03/02/2007 11:42 AM, Mitch Gore wrote:
> I am trying the new way of doing channel icons but dont understant
> what i am suppose to be doing....
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Channel_icons
>
> If i put that in terminal it doesnt do anything.  I tried using the
> wget on channal_icons.pl but it errors out with ...
> [root at Mitchell_MC master_iconmap]# ./channel_icons.pl
> Can't locate MythTV.pm in @INC

You need a build of MythTV that includes the Perl bindings (i.e. built
with "--with-bindings=perl").

Unfortunately, you'll probably need the bindings for SVN trunk to use
the new channel_icons.pl script (although it's possible that a recent
0.20-fixes build might work).  I've updated the wiki page with this
little bit of info (but there are many more updates required to fully
document the new process...).

I would very much appreciate if someone who has installed the Perl
bindings from a recent 0.20-fixes build would test to see if the script
will work with those bindings (and updating the wiki or replying to the
list so I can update the wiki).  Thanks.

Mike