[mythtv-users] MYSQL before Mythbackend?

Mike Harrison trapperofspam at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 23:10:35 UTC 2007

I am having a problem where upon booting, when I enter mythtv the system acts like there is no database information for anything. If I kill the mythbackend process and restart it, then enter mythfrontend the system runs fine. Performing ps -aux after boot, I noticed that mythbackend has a process number around 5500, while mysql has a process number around 6100. Does this mean that mythbackend is starting before MYSQL? If it is, is that what is causing my problem? How can I modify this on my Ubuntu Dapper system?

Need Mail bonding?