[mythtv-users] TOO FAR, TOO FAR: Undo commercial skip

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 20:53:47 UTC 2007

On 3/2/07, Jon Boehm <boehm100 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On occasion I get to a commercial, hit the commercial skip key and ... Oh
> @#$p it skipped like 10 min.  That's way too long for a commercial and it
> skipped right thru the show to the beginning of the next commercial.
>
> 1) Is there a commercial skip undo?  I know Q will skip to the previous
> commercial break marker if it was marked correctly.  But is there an undo?
>
> 2) I found MaximumCommercialSkip, which is the max length of a commercial.
> Mine is still set to default (3600 seconds/ 60 Min.) What is a better value
> for this.  I was thinking 6 or 7 min.
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

You could hit E to enter edit mode, Z to import the commercial breaks
as found, and then edit them there.  It will place you at your current
place in the recording, you could hit pageup to go back to the last
break, and then skip ahead til the end of the commercial and and a new
break...... just manually fix the mis-read by the scanner basically.