[mythtv-users] Ideal MythTV setup?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Mar 2 20:36:11 UTC 2007

On Mar 2, 2007, at 1:02 PM, James Talvy wrote:

> I seem to be getting overloaded with diff suggestions on PCs and
> capture
> cards....
>
> Can someone give me a sample or point me to a reliable location that
> suggests hardware/linux setups that work well?

The first question is where are you? Your email address would suggest
the USA someplace but one never knows. Looks like a RoadRunner cable
modem but I don't recognize "si" unless it's Staten Island (Richmond).

Then you have to decide if you want to do HD or just stick with SD,
is appearance/noise a factor for you, do you have any STB (for
satellite or cable) that you have to control?

And, perhaps the most important question, what's your budget look like ?