[mythtv-users] DVI Output to HDTV

Larry Sanderson larry.sanderson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 15:03:34 UTC 2007

I connect to my 720p native projecter via DVI.

For me, the best solution was to remove all ModeLine's from xorg.conf, make
sure my card's EDID functionality was enabled, and specify 1280x720 in the
Modes section.  This allowed Xorg to dynamically access all available modes
my monitor could handle, and choose the correct one.

Hopefully this works for you as well.  Here is a few snippets from my
xorg.conf:

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier  "BenQ PE8700+"
    HorizSync   20-88