[mythtv-users] Delayed User Job

Andrew Wilkinson andrewjwilkinson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 10:11:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'd like to run a transcoding job on all recording, once they're a week old.
If I watch something soon after it's been recorded then I'd like to keep it
at maximum quality, if I haven't watched it for a week I would rather save
disk space at the expense of some picture quality.

I know I can automatically transcode things as soon as they're recorded, but
what about after a week?

I don't mind having a script that runs when I switch my computer on each
morning, but I'm not sure how to get the list of recordings and then trigger
a transcode on them.

Can anyone help?

Regards,
Andrew