[mythtv-users] questions about some basic knowledge of MythTV installation

Xi Jiarong XiJiarong at sp.edu.sg
Fri Mar 2 06:31:57 UTC 2007

I have some puzzles about mythtv installation.
We want to develop some plugin on mythtv, I am a new user for mythtv and

1. Which installation would be better for our target (to develop plugin),
such installation as:
     the difference between them is what?

and           http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php
        these two ways are the same one, so I can install mythtv
successfully according to the steps on such guide, is that right?
       But, I always found some errors in such process when I tried.
       and, i always fould other also met many problems even with that help

3.    I have installed Fedora 6, and run #yum upgrade, cost much time, many
hours, is it proper?

many thanks!