[mythtv-users] problems about MythTV installation and plugin develop on Fedora.

Chua KianTeck chua_kianteck at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 04:08:01 UTC 2007

Xi Jiarong <XiJiarong at sp.edu.sg> wrote:  I want to develop myth plugin. I have some following problems:
 1. Which version of Fedora can support mythtv better and adapt to develop myth plugin?  Because I tried according to the instruction "Installing MythTV SVN on Fedora Core 4", but can't install successfully on fedora core 4, even fc4 is pointed to be right by that instruction, even I also could not insall Mythtv on Fedora core 5 successfully via that way.  I also tried to download Fedora 6, but the download rate is so slow, and always appear erros when to be ended.

Based on your e-mail address, I conclude that you are from Singapore Polytechnic.  You should be able to download the FC6 from a local (Singapore) mirror.  I downloaded mine from here:

ftp://ftp.oss.eznetsols.org/linux/fedora/6/
If you are downloading from a MS Windows based OS, use a good ftp program, eg "filezilla".  As for me, I downloaded it with wget (from an xterm) and was able to download a full FC6 DVD iso at 198KiB/s (although I'm on a 1.5mbps ADSL plan) taking into account TCP/IP overheads.  At that speed, I was able to complete the download in 5 - 6 hours.

cheers