[mythtv-users] GUI problem and lost recordings after changing themes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 1 00:48:22 UTC 2007

On 02/27/2007 11:53 AM, kminney at telus.net wrote:
> I am using MythTV 0.20 which I installed using KnoppMyth R5E50.
>
> I have some problems which came about as a result of changing the theme from
> the default (Titivillus) to Blue in setup.
>
> After selecting the different theme MythTV went through a sizing/scaling images
> process and the new theme came up on the screen however the GUI no longer fits
> properly, I cannot see the text on the outside edges of the GUI. I tried
> switching back to the Titivillus theme but the problem is still there.
>
> In addition, selecting a different theme resulted in loosing some of my
> recorded programmes from my previously recorded listings. I checked
> under /myth/tv and the .mpg's are still there but I cannot get them to show up
> in the listings any more.
>
> I didn't want to keep the recordings so I am not too worried about that problem
> (although for this reason I will have to be careful about changing themes in
> the future) however I would like to get the GUI sizing back to the deafult from
> the original install of KnoppMyth/MythTV. I have checked and my xorg.conf, it
> has not been modified, so I cannot understand why the size of the GUI is now
> wrong.
>
> Can someone please advise the best way to fix this? Is it to go into setup and
> set the GUI X,Y and overscan parameters?

You sure it's not
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_Why_aren.27t_my_new_recordings_showing_up_in_Watch_Recordings.3F
, because I'm pretty sure what you're saying happened is impossible
(i.e. the cause you've identified was not the cause if you actually lost
recordings)?

Mike