[mythtv-users] MythWeb System Temp:

luitjens at cs.utah.edu luitjens at cs.utah.edu
Thu Mar 1 00:19:46 UTC 2007

This temperature is read from ACPI.  I looked into this a while back
when I noticed my machine was always at 40 degrees.  It turns out that
the ACPI drivers returns 0x28 for one of its error codes (40 in
decimal).  I tried to figure out what was causing this exactly but could
not figure it out.  It is a common problem that people have and I
believe it has to do with bios bugs but I cannot confirm that.  If you
want to know what your temperature is I suggest you look into
lm_sensors.  This takes a bit of configuring but once you have it
configured it works nice.  I have also created a bunch of scripts using
rrdr that leverage lm sensors to tell me all kinds of nifty things about
my system.  If anyone is interested in these scripts email me at
luitjens at cs.utah.edu and i'll send you what I have.