[mythtv-users] mythweb - Can't configure the Database Access

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 30 18:23:57 UTC 2007

Matthias Meyer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I run Debian 4.0, Apache2 (V2.2.3-4) and Mythtv0.20-svn20070223-0.0 (mythweb
> 20-svn20070122-0.0)
>
> Following the instructions from
> cat /usr/share/doc/mythweb/README.gz | gunzip
> I create the file /etc/apache2/conf.d/Directory-Access, containing
>    <Directory "/var/www/mythweb" >
>         Options         FollowSymLinks
>         AllowOverride   All
>     </Directory>
> chown it to www-data:www-data and restart my Apache.
>
> I do not understand the instruction cp -r . /wwww/htdocs/myMythWebDirectory
> but I hope the mythweb debian package copies all files to the right places.
> Therfore I do only:
>     chgrp -R www-data /var/wwww/mythweb/data
>     chmod g+rw /var/wwww/mythweb/data

Looks like someone is doing a copy/paste. Are you sure your path is
/var/wwww/mythweb (Note four "w"s). The examples in the install doc are
broken on purpose to make sure you are thinking about where you are
doing. If you did use the correct "www" in the path did you remember to
rename mythtv.conf.apache to mythtv.conf when you moved it?