[mythtv-users] Nuvexport not cutting out commercials

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Fri Jun 29 22:56:41 UTC 2007

Hello.

I'm using nuvexport with mencoder. It seems to work great for making xvids,
but it does not like to get rid of the commercials.

If i record a 30 Minute Simpsons show, and flag the commercials, nuvexport
will usually get rid of the commercials. If i record a 2 hour moved though,
nuvexport will give me an xvid file that is 1 hour and 50 minutes long,
usually cutting out the last commercial. It will not cut out all the
commercials of videos though. I have no idea why not.

When i play the original mpeg2 video files (before converting them) in
mythtv, it skips the commercials just fine, so i know the commercial
flagging is working great.

The command I am running is: nuvexport --mencoder --gencutlist (use
mythcutlist option is set to yes)

Also, i tried this command on one of my videos just to make sure the
commercial flagging list was copied to the cutlist: mythcommflag
--gencutlist -f 1007_20070616200000.mpg

Then i ran "nuvexport --mencoder" and transcoded that same video file to an
xvid. The commercials were in the xvid file. When i went into myth and
played back the original mpeg2 recording (I have a pvr-500), the commercials
were skipped just fine by the myth internal player.

I am out of ideas, so please help.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.
-Steve